Pages

March 2, 2014

Boundaries For My Heart

I have a very rebellious heart.


In my youth, I rebelled against my parents, authority figures, any person or structure that tried to restrain my wild nature.  I was a child of the 70's, immersed in the sexual revolution, drug culture, in the abandonment of self control.

You can probably guess how that all turned out. Not well, let us say.

Now that I have the wisdom of 4 more decades behind me, and now that I have fallen in love with my Savior, I find that I cherish boundaries.



I find myself unsettled without defined boundaries.

The control that felt so constraining in my youth feels secure and comforting.

Is it because these "new" boundaries are self-set?


I am learning to add boundaries in two areas of my life that I hadn't considered before, around food choices and activity choices.
                                   


It is a choice I can make daily, hour-by-hour, moment-by-moment, all choices to glorify God through my decisions and choices.


I rebelled as a young girl and young woman against external bounds.

 But self-set boundaries are incredibly freeing.

    And I find this to be a very restful place in which to live.

No comments:

Post a Comment

As always, feedback for any post is greatly appreciated.