Pages

January 15, 2014

The Life Re-Boot

When God gave me the gift of retiring from my career, I had such great intentions.

Such as living intentionally for God.

And I have failed.

Oh, I have had some good moments.

But time has been frittered away by me in useless and unproductive activities.

Satan will use my weakness in order to distract me, and oh how he knows my weakness(es)....



TIME TO RE-BOOT!

It's time for a re-boot of my retirement, my blog, my focus, my daily life. I am ready to walk the moments of my days in lock-step with Him.

My plan:

1. Have a plan!

Copyright Ann Voscamp





I am making a plan for my days. What I will eat, what I will clean, appointments to keep, the scripture I want to commit to memory, and on and on. Writing it down makes it real for me. Five minutes before I go to bed every night.
Find it here: Daily Planner Download
2. Get to know Him better through his Word.




I will be memorizing the gospel of John this year, one verse a week, with the help of Ann Voscamp at A Holy Experience.












And I will be studying Scripture with other women who desire the same thing. Our Women's Ministry at Berean is studying the Book of James (James the Just, Jesus' brother). And I have joined an online study of this book "Made to Crave - Satisfying your deepest desire with God, not food."













You see, Paul writes that we are in a race, and that no matter what we should not give it up. Persevere. Keep at it.

I have stumbled. Badly.
Many. Times.

Today I have picked myself up and set myself back into the race.

I am staying in the pool until my laps are completed.

I am unplugging so that I may plug into my purpose.

Why else would God have me here at this moment in time except to stay focused on my purpose -

To delight in Him who created me, and to serve Him all of my days.


I'll stay in touch and let you know how it goes.

2 comments:

  1. I am in re-boot mode as well. I need this. My family needs this. I have let too many things fall through the cracks. I will be praying for you while you are re-booting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for letting me know, Sabrina! I will pray for you as well.

    ReplyDelete

As always, feedback for any post is greatly appreciated.